Stainless steel sheets: variety, properties, cost
Stainless steel sheets are used everywhere. Rolled metal products of this category are widely in demand in construction, automotive industry, production of equipment and tableware for medical, pharmacological enterprises, food industry. The properties of each specific product determine the composition of the alloy and the production technology.
The cost of a stainless steel sheet and its characteristics depend on the presence of certain alloying additives in the alloy.
- The main one is chromium, which gives the material anticorrosive properties, forming a film of oxides on the surface. The protective layer is updated independently, not allowing aggressive substances to corrode the structures.
- Copper and molybdenum increase the corrosion resistance of the alloy.
- Nickel stabilizes the structure of steel exposed to temperatures over a wide range.
- Carbon gives the material strength.
- Titanium and niobium are used to prevent intercrystalline corrosion.
To create products that can maintain integrity under prolonged exposure to high temperatures, chromium, silicon and aluminum are added to stainless steel. Resistance to oxidation during heating is provided by tungsten, cobalt, vanadium.
Production and processing technology
Stainless steel sheets are created by hot and cold rolled.
- The hot-rolled version is stronger, thicker and cheaper, more often used for the production of load-bearing structures, pipes, in the shipbuilding and aircraft industry.
- Cold-rolled products have a flat surface, the stress in them is evenly distributed, so the sheets practically do not "lead" during welding. Such rental is necessary in the automotive and instrument-making industries, the production of profiled flooring, roofs.
The processing technology has the greatest impact on the price of the goods. Stainless steel sheets with a matte surface are cheaper, expensive polished, mirrored and polished versions are used in elite construction projects. To obtain the decor, the rental is subjected to embossing, corrugation.
To choose and buy stainless steel sheets in St. Petersburg, contact ALFA-STAR specialists in any convenient way - by phone +7(812) 457-05-59 a>, +7 (812) 244-21-41, +7 (812) 244-21-42 a>, by email email@example.com or by ordering a callback from the site. They will advise you on the assortment, provide certificates and help you prepare the necessary documentation for the transaction.